Monday, June 23, 2008

Weeds?

So, in true Katie fashion I've been getting pretty annoyed the last 2 months here.



I've been getting pretty annoyed because of all the nasty ugly weeds that seem to grow along side every single road here in TX. I mean, seriously nasty and ugly. 2 or 3 ft tall, prickly and gangly looking, and they're pretty much everywhere. I was getting pretty p.o.'d wondering why in the heck the Great State of Texas didn't pay someone to come out here and tend to their roadside vegetation problem. I mean, what's wrong with these people? They mow the grass, but no one will take care of the ugly ugly weeds. Seriously, Lady Bird Johnson would not approve.



So, imagine my utter and complete chagrin when June arrived and all of a sudden the nasty ugly weeds started blooming.

I think there's a lesson to be found there somewhere...

2 comments:

McMel said...

sounds a little bit like a story i know called "the ugly duckling"

but they really should have signs on the side of the road like GA does to let motorists know that they really do care about their roads!

Sutton said...

hahahaha. yay sunflowers.

...putting down some roots?